Today, you get to learn five obscure things about me.
Friend/colleague, Monica Ricci, tagged me with a blogging meme (basically a blog-based chain letter). I’m supposed to tell you five little-known facts about myself and then "tag" five other bloggers. The problem is I only can think of three bloggers I could tag, and Monica is one of them.
I spend at least an hour a day reading blogs and other daily websites, but I’m a lurker. I rarely say anything. When it come to the web, I’m a "say something only when it will add to the conversation" type. And saying "I agree!" or "Lookin’ great!" does not add to the conversation.
I have another problem with this meme. I’m an open book. I tell everyone everything. The only things most people don’t know about me aren’t repeatable on a PG-rated blog (then again, most of my friends know that stuff too).
So, after digging deep, here are 5 things few people know:
- I was insufferably pompous in high school. I only saw art house films, disdained popular culture, and smoked More Lights (long thin dark brown American cigarettes).
- My word geekiness extends to PennyPress and Dell variety puzzle magazines. Many times I’ve considered a subscription.
- For all my love of food, my last meal would be at a diner: cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake (I’m thinking The Stem on Queen West in Toronto).
- My childhood dream careers were rock star, ballet dancer and/or acrobat (okay fine, they’re my adult dream jobs too).
- I almost did mathematics in university but University of Toronto only had applied mathematics at the time. And I hate word problems. Math is a language to me, why confuse things by mixing it with another language?
There, so,now I’m tagging:
- You can’t expect people to react to you if you don’t do or say anything to get them involved.