I’ve begun to pare down my stuff and have gotten rid of a few things. I’m also thinking of getting rid of more. Here is my updated list:
- All my clothes and towels (I’ve actually added to them)
- All my toiletries and medications (I so need to go through this and get rid of stuff)
- All my technology bits and bobs (nothing changes here)
- The books I brought with me and my writing stuff (I’m tempted to thin this, but am not sure)
- My tent (it’s small enough to keep)
- An outdoor collapsible chair (this will likely go – the only question is where – maybe my next work site)
- My rolled up white board (I haven’t used it but I want to keep it)
- My duvet, comforter, pillows and things to cover them (I’m keeping the comforter and one pillow, but giving the rest to the former Rompot)
- A small box of kitchen stuff and my kitchen knives (I’m going to keep the knives and give away the rest, except for enough to eat take out without asking for a plastic knife and fork.)
- My iron (this stayed at my last work site)
So, the things left in my car are:
- All my clothes and towels
- Only necessary/used toiletries and medications
- My technology bits and bobs
- The books I brought with me and my writing stuff
- My tent
- My rolled up white board
- My comforter and a pillow.
- A fancy knife set and one set of cutlery.
I look forward to thinning it more.
- Streamlining what you own isn’t a one-time activity. You need to do it at least once a year.
- As you practice living in the now, more "someday" objects will become less relevant to you.